Taking out the trash....




Well, who knew that this would change my life....? OK, not change my life, but mess up with the next 2 months of my life!!!!

I'm officially complaining, I guess because I'm not used to have things take a bad turn, well actually not take the good one, I'm still looking for the purpose of this one...

As some of you know, one Friday afternoon around noon, I was leaving my house to pick up a friend at the train station... so I leave home, with my bag, my keys and two trash bags, very important to mention that they were recycled paper bags, meaning that they were open bags, you do know that you have to recycle, right?... so here I am, on a sunny afternoon, walking the few feet to the containers when OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! I twist my ankle, it was seconds, but I saw it all in slow motion, me falling, my hand hitting the floor, my hand being hurt by the floor, my thumb taking an unfortunate twist... and Ouch!!!!!!!!!!! Again, it hurt... less than a second later I look at my hand and it was twice it size...

I was waiting for the pain to go away to get up, but here I am, in the middle of the road, a quiet road if I may say, surrounded by the content of my two trash bags, in so much pain that I couldn't move, I finally decide to get up and can't figure how, I twisted my left ankle and had hurt my right hand, so if I tried to get up on my right side I couldn't use my hand and on my left side I couldn't use my foot and it's been a long, long, long, looooooooong time since I had the flexibility to do it any other way...

Finally somebody came in their car, drove by me and had the kindness to stop and help me out, again, Ouch!!!! getting up, not only that but he picked up my trash and offered me to sit down and have a glass of water, now, if this was a chick flick, I would have noticed how handsome he was, I would have walked into his house and by the time I'm writing this I would be back from my honeymoon, but NOT! and actually, he wasn't that handsome... although maybe Brad Pitt would have played him, you know those kind of movies where it's based on a true story, ordinary men and women, starring Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie.... ahhhhhhhhhhh, I would be played by Angelina Jolie... not bad....

Ok, back to the story, he picks me up and I could only think of picking up my friend at the train station, 40min away from home... 40 PAINFULL minutes away from home... why? because I drive a shift stick, so remember people, right hand twice it's size, changing gears and not only that, every time I pushed the clutch, with my twisted, maybe broken left ankle, again Ouch!!!!! I get to the train station and ask the question that's in all your minds.... Marian, DO YOU KNOW HOW TO DRIVE A SHIFT STICK? And here is where it all turns bad... her answer? NO.... have I mentioned that now my hand was three times it's size?

I'm not used to this, I'm used to things happening to me and then have all this successful events turned it into something magic... Like the time I was in a business travel in France, decided to go to Barcelona for the weekend to visit my brother and on my way back, before leaving the city, at a read light in my car, I got robbed and by robbed I mean everything, credit cards, passport, US visa, house keys back home, car keys back home, iPod, cel phone, camera, etc, etc, etc, etc... And you see, when I'm traveling I tend to put everything of value in my bag because... *cough, *cough, it's supposed to be the safest place... OK, so here I am, stuck in Barcelona and I had to stay more than planned, with that I managed to stay for my brothers wedding, that I was not planning on attending because of work, see my mum who came the next weekend, stay 1 1/2 month in France, since I was changing jobs at that time I had almost nothing to do, so I offered to help a new team in France with the implementation of CRM, made great friends, fell in love with what they wanted to do, helped them out and became one of their main advocates, I finally came back to the US, but because of the work that I had done in France, they has been impressed with me and me with them, months later they offered me a job, I accepted and once the head of North America found out, he offered me a job back and I ended up being promoted to Director... still laugh at it, and why did all this happen? Because I got robbed.... oh and did I mention that I met great, great people, lovely friends? perfect!

So here I am, picking my friend up at the train station and my friend doesn't know how to drive a manual gear, that is soooo, not supposed to happen, she is supposed to say yes... but to add to that no... I spent three weeks not knowing if I was going to have surgery or not, I was in the middle of changing jobs, from a medium stress to high freaky stress, from a 50 emails a day to 220 emails a day, from managing one very nice sweet person to 10 all different personalities and I had to do it all just with my left hand, when I'm right handed, doctors also forbid me to drive, so I had to stay at home during most weekends and of course the pain, Ouchhh!!!!! What else? oh, I was planning on spending 1 week vacation in France, but with a cast in my hand, I didn't want to be at the beach, the kickoff for my new team was also happening in France, but I couldn't go, so trip to France cancelled, vacation cancelled, couldn't drive, couldn't cook and even worse, didn't even loose weight!!!!


9 weeks later, still not recovered, not having the time to go to physical therapy and still asking, what was this for? Has my luck turned? Well, I guess I have to wait and see what the big picture will be....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well... how is your doctor? Nice? Young? McDreamy-clone? Who knows what could happen after so many visits! ;)
At least, it wasn't for nothing. You got one JM's blog post dedicated to you ;D
I hope you're feeling better though *hugs*
Carolina said…
Well, he's old, very old... but wise ;-) he is Chief of Surgery at the hospital, but no "The Chief" either...

And yes, I agree, JM did make me laugh with the dedication to my hand, fingers and nails :-D
Anonymous said…
wow and I thought you were doing better ... *sigh* good luck and call me whenever you want !! :)
HUGS
Carolina said…
Oh Marion, I'm doing better... it's just that it's amazing how long the recovery takes, I guess I can say I'm 50% on my way to being 100%? LOL...
Anonymous said…
LOL Ok...I hope the road will not be too...bumpy...and hopefully it'll lead you to Van where I should be in january ;)
HUGS

Popular posts from this blog

The Me Roll...

Finding Freedom