The Me Roll...



Hellooooo-oooooo!!!!! Anybody home? Where has everybody been? J Well, I guess the fact that I haven’t been around in a while hasn’t helped in having you guys stay around.

There were many occasions in these past months were I wanted to jump and write, let you know how happy I was that Spain won the European Cup, my oh my, was I happy, I jumped, I cried, yes, I cry…. I cry watching golf, I cry watching the Olympics, I cry watching the Oscars…. Just thinking of how important that moment is for these people and what they should be feeling just fills me of emotions… seriously… seeing the French Women, who I already forgot her name (Sorry French friends :) ) win the Oscar this year or Javier Bardem, who I’ve seen and known and met and ate at his restaurant many, many, many times win the Oscar and Iker Casillas, San Iker, the little boy who got called from school to play with Real Madrid in a game in Russia because all the other goalkeepers were either injured or injured, see him stopping penalties in the quarter finals or lifting the European Cup as Team Captain for Spain, WOW!

Give my opinion on how if I had to vote this year, I would have no idea what would I do, because what I learned and I’m convinced is that Republicans would make the perfect president and the democrats should be the first ladies…of course, considering that they would have an equal marriage… I mean, if I wanted somebody to run my business or company it would be a republican… I realized in Venezuela that a country is a business and needs to run that way, we need smart people leading our business... although I have no idea how somebody like Bush managed to get himself elected president… well, yes… he cheated… but I still need the little heart that democrats bring, I do support gay marriage and I think we should try to make this world a better world and not with war… we should take care of what we have, even thought I bought my first “let’s use lots of fuel” car this year against my principles because I fell in love with it…. Do you guys see the conflicts that I have?



Oh and Facebook… for somebody like me who was born in Venezuela, raised in Scotland, lived in Mexico, Venezuela, Spain and the US, has friends in Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, France, Spain, German, England… and has lost contact with many of them due to life… Facebook is the most wonderful thing that has happened…it has made me re-live my life… or my many lives, when I look back it’s like I’ve had many phases in my life as other people have past lives… me at school, me at college when I started, me at college when I changed carriers, me at college when I came back to Engineering, me at the Hilton, in Venezuela, in Spain, in Mexico… they’ve all been me of course, but also different… also seeing my ex-boyfriends in Facebook all together… weird!!!! What about the pictures that start showing up of 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago, ehhhh, 25 years ago…. Amazing! But then I ask myself, which one am I? The nice thing is that I don’t have to answer; I have time to find out…. I hope :) yep, that was me! was... I mean, really was... like 300lb lighter me :-)

So, what brings me to start writing again? I guess all the memories or the reflexions, moments, life experiences that might be forgotten if I don’t put them on the Internet, … Who am I kidding!!!!! I’m on a plane, on my way to Vancouver for my first vacation ever and the highlight of my trip so far? The gorgeous flight attendant that is flirting with me in business class… he is cute… and when he turns around… great assets J perfect way to start! even asked me for my ID when I ordered wine… just wanted to make sure that I was over the drinking age, isn’t that nice of him? He made me already forget about me arriving at the airport to check-in 50min before the time my flight was suppose to leave and thinking that I was not going to make it…

Oh, have I mentioned that I bought a Mac Book? It’s also redefining the way I see the world…cute 20 year old bohemian and artistic boys giving me one on one sessions every week… OK for real… I am learning and having fun… touching that artistic vein in me…. Can’t wait for my next session…OK, more seriously, it’s amazing and inspiring how much passion they have for what they do and what they know and how they share it with you, it’s humbling… I can’t wait for my next session, I leave with a smile in my face… wanting to learn and now more... and it’s not really about having a MAC or not… it’s about leaving your comfort zone and having somebody holding your hand…thank you Nick!

Oh, there was also the moment were I wanted to change career and move to finance… OK, not really, but it did open a new world for me and understanding of things that I didn’t understand… very profound right? :)

And what about Michael Phelps? I heart MP…. And I just read today, he has more medals than Venezuela in all his Olympic history!

Oh and best of the best? My favorite all time restaurant and I’ve eaten in many, has named a roll after me, well, after I harassed them to create a new roll after they re-opened :) so they asked me to come up with ideas and voila! The Carolina Roll was born, or as I like to call it... and only me... The Me Roll… with very high success, that's what they tell me... Spicy salmon on the inside, avocado, cucumber and on the outside, unagi (eel) topped with sweet eel sauce, spicy mayo and tempura flakes… perfect!

I hope to be back again soon, as I mentioned I’m taking a vacation for the first time ever, OK, that might sound strange but before every time I would go on vacation it would be to visit my family…. So this is a stress free, family free vacation where I will meet with friends, hang out, see whales and I will challenge myself a little bit… well a lot actually, but I’ll tell you about it later… and oh yes…have I mentioned that I have plans of hugging and kissing McGyver? Well stayed tuned….

Comments

Nora Allstedt said…
Good to see you back blogging. See you in a few days.
Anonymous said…
Nice Blog !! I'll bet your challenge has something to do with a bridge? ;)
See you real soon!
Anonymous said…
Carolina Roll RULES!
Anonymous said…
You're clearly tastier than the "Named Roll". This means you're now more active on here than I am. Cmdr Vimes
Anonymous said…
Have fun in Vancouver! Remember that we want to know everything that happened when you come back! :D
Anonymous said…
Wonderful time to start blogging again :-)
Now I'm just waiting for the Vancouver blog ... and the pictures of the man ...
Can I be any more sick with envy ???? ;-)
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
Nice to hear from you again!!!!!

My best from the other side of the atlantic

Jorge

Popular posts from this blog

Taking out the trash....

Finding Freedom