Are you the Chicken or the Pig?


WOW, it's been almost a week since I last updated... sorry for all of you that come here everyday waiting for me to update................ or not! I know I'm no Joe Mallozzi, but I did promise my mother to keep her up to date.

I was in Austin this week, I went for the sales kick off meeting, it's supposed to be the key meeting of the year that will create such momentum within the sales team that they will have the motivation to go all in for this year... I think this meeting accomplished totally the opposite... unfortunatly... but as I mentioned to my boss when I saw him at the begining of the year... It will be a good year, if we survive, the begining will suck, but if we get thru, it will be a good year... it will be a challenging year, many things happened last year, a merger of equals... aka, merging two companies that have spent the last 15 years trying to beat each other and always sure that they had been the No 1 company in the market for the past year... and of course... they weren't we were.... oopsss, that's exactly the mentality that we have to forget about, because what is a fact today is that together, we are the No 1 , so people.... as our dear president said, in this relationship you have to decide if you are the chicken or the pig.... of course this was the highlight of the meeting for me... my boss watches Grey's Anatomy, or not.... but for me he does!!!!!!!! Finally I found something in common with him :D and in this relation, I am the PIG!

Arriving to Austin I was convinced that we were being attacked by terrorist... a more modern version of Orson Well's broadcast that the country was being invaded by martians... no, I'm not crazy... but... here are my facts....

- Driving to Newark to cath our plane, Javier and I started smelling this awkward smell, I know it always smells funny, but this was different.... although we still thought it was just normal, since it always smells that bad...

- We had to wait more than 60min in the plane in order to take off, we were 28th waiting to depart... OK, this is normal, but I just had to point out, that traveling most of the time, sucks!

- We land in Austin and have our driver pick us up.... in a Hummer!!!! didn't he watch an Inconvinient Truth? Didn't Al Gore teach him anything...? OK, this is just another point that I had to make... we need to take care of our earth and THAT's why I'm not getting a Hummer.... until it comes in hybrid form :p

- While we were in the Hummer I received a phone call and I was told that downtown had been closed, just next to our hotel because some birds had mysteriously died!!! our driver then informs us that the situation has been put under control and that the area had been opened, but that indeed some birds had just dropped dead... afterwards I found out that they were talking about 60 birds!!!! 60 birds just decided to drop dead in the same place.... but what shocked me the most was the news that the police had opened the area because they didn't know what it was...!!!

- We then arrived at our hotel I turn on the tv and I learn that there is a gas leak outside of Houston... that the funny smell in Newark was all over the news as was the birds that had died in Austin story.... OMG, was there a terrorist attack in the US a la 24! and even worse was I a part of it.... after all I had been in two of the three places being attacked so far and just 3hrs away from the third one... what was going on? what was next?

I was scared!!!! until I realized how hungry I was because I hadn't had lunch and went out to eat.... and the terrorist attacks just became chitchat conversation during that evening's kick off dinner.... and I was able to tell the stories from a first person perspective... after all, I was there!

Oh, and before I forget, if you haven't noticed, regarding terrorist attacks.... I'm the CHICKEN!

Comments

Cmdr Vimes said…
From what I see, you are no chicken. You run all over this awful planet of ours, and put 100% into everything you do. That sounds like total commitment to me. I'm uncomfortable with the pig analogy; it throws up conotations of a greedy animal that will do anything to get what it wants. And I don't see you that way. Sorry, too much analysis for a sunday morning. Cmdr vimes
Anonymous said…
Funny smells...gas...I'm detecting a pattern here :p Don't they eat rather spicy food down there in Texas? Or am I just being crude :p (*groan* the jokes get worse - the oil one was completely accidental :S) I'll shut up now. *zip*
Anonymous said…
Interesting to know.

Popular posts from this blog

The Me Roll...

Taking out the trash....

Finding Freedom