Looking for My Whale





I have a history with whales… During my last year at school in Scotland, we had this campaign “Save the Whale” I didn’t know much of what was going on back then only that we needed to save them, whales were dying, nope, not of old age... we were killing them, for no significant reason! I was 10 years old, whales looked nice, why not save them? we had to draw our posters, back then and even now, I couldn’t draw a straight line and I drew a perfect whale out of nowhere, I could draw!!!! I had found my cause!

At 10 it's difficult to stick with things, you grow up... you forget, Menudo, Rambo, The Karate Kid, they draw you away from the important things… but I always loved going to an aquarium and I would never miss the show with the whales… it was the highlight of my trip.

A screening of Finding Nemo almost reconnected me with the whales... didn't you love that movie? Dori talking whale? top 10 funniest moment in movie ever, seriously!

Many, many, many, many, many years later, I find myself preparing my trip to Vancouver, Whale watching trip included, yupie!!! what happened there is another story, that you can find out here, the full unrated story of my Vancouver trip: click this link to my Vancouver trip website.

I thought I was done with the Whales, after my whale watching trip, seen... done! but nope, it was in my destiny... I was in a room listening to Captain Paul Watson’s talk about his whale story… he is a very eloquent speaker and knows how to motivate a crowd, he had me in tears… well, I was not going to cry in public in front of 750 people and McGyver… but there were tears…

Do I remember the story? Not exactly, not to the detail, it had to do with him confronting some ships that were trying to kill some whales, he was in a little boat trying to defend the whales and getting in front of the bad evil ship, he was basically trapped… one of the whales had been hurt, what he saw in the whales eye was a glimpse of recognition, she/he understood what needed to happen, she moved away from his boat allowing them to escape and saving their life’s before she died, he says that that moment changed his life forever and he decided to dedicate his life to defend the whales…

Am I planning on leaving everything right now and getting on the next boat that is going to Antarctica to stop the illegal Japanese cruel whaling activity? Nope… I need to learn a craft, remove the dust from my NAUI certification... and prepare myself, then I will need to beg them to let me help... but what I can do right now is create awareness... so everybody, go and read here please...

One thing I did learn is that I need to find my whale.... Captain Paul Watson, Marion, Bruce, this past month I’ve met so many people that are passionate about what they do, or passionate about something... and I'm missing that... I don't have a whale right now, I’m missing that whale in my life… (Besides the fact that they are quiet heavy, so of course I would notice if my whale was missing!)

I’m turning 38 in a few minutes and it’s scary, but also exciting what is it going to be? so many whales out there, how am I going to find mine?... well, I guess I'll just have to go back to my childhood and take an advice from my fairy tale books... kiss many frogs to find my prince…


Carolina

PS: If this was another type of blog, I would end with, Do you have your whale? But since it isn’t, I’ll end with “If you don’t have a whale… go and get one!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

PPS: Remember to check this out... so cool.... http://animal.discovery.com/tv/whale-wars/

Comments

Anonymous said…
I didn't know I had a whale...thought I WAS a whale ! lol
but yeah I definitely have a passion and love living it each every passing day...so I really hope that you'll find your whale soon :)
Anonymous said…
fentanyl abound oldest wockhardt appearance equation comwebsite unity legion sherbrooke agarwalec
semelokertes marchimundui

Popular posts from this blog

The Me Roll...

Taking out the trash....

Finding Freedom